Prep 0 mins
Cook 18 mins
Good and easy to put together. From Chatelaine magazine.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (8 ounce) packagessliced button mushrooms, about 8 cups
- 1⁄2 cup water
- half a can whole berry cranberry sauce (398 ml/14 oz)
- 2 -3 pinches salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken.
- Cook until light golden, 3 to 4 min per side. Remove to a large plate.
- Add mushrooms and water to pan. Stir often until mushrooms start to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in cranberry sauce, salt and pepper. Stir often until sauce has melted.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Return chicken to pan. Cover and cook, stirring and turning occasionally, until chicken is springy when pressed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and steamed broccoli.
- Dress it up: Use white wine in place of water. Add grated orange peel or chopped clementines to sauce. Sprinkle with sliced green onions.