Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my favourites, it is amazing. I don't know what book I got it out of, but it was an old recipe book, with all the comfort type foods, as is so reminisent of the time! The flavours all compliment each other. Don't over look making this, you won't be disappointed, trust me!
- 500 -700 g chicken thighs
- 1 large onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 275 g whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 300 ml water
- 1 pinch salt
- Brown chicken and remove to a plate.
- Dice and brown onion, add garlic and brown slightly, take off of heat.
- Add flour, lemon juice, tomato paste, curry and cranberry sauce.
- Slowley stir in water.
- Bring to boil.
- Add salt and bay leaf and chicken. Simmer.
- Add chicken and cook 30 - 45 minutes.
- Serve with a salad, rice, couscous, or mashed potatoes!
With home made cranberries needing to be used this was just the kind of recipe I needed. Like Sydney Mike, used chicken breasts - mainly because I didn't happen to have chicken thighs on hand. We are fond of cranberries, curry and love what tomato paste can add to a dish - so no surprise that we enjoyed! Thank you for sharing.
I used 4 large chicken breasts (boneless, skinless halves, that is) for this recipe! I like the flavor of cranberries in this great tasting sauce! Served it with some brown rice, for a wonderful meal! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16]
This is a great recipe. A lovely rich, slightly tart/sweet gravy. There is ample sauce for 700g of chicken. Will be making this one again, for sure.