Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Johnston's Cranberry Marsh
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 lbs chicken thighs (or breasts)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- In roasting pan, melt 1/4 cup margarine. Add chicken, skin side down. Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, sauté onion in 2 tablespoons margarine until soft.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes uncovered.
- Spoon over chicken and bake 30 minutes longer or until done, turning it several times.
I made this for a friend who loves cranberries and it was a hit. I'm not a cranberry fan, but also a hit with me. Thanks for sharing.