Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A very nice lowfat relish to serve along side the turkey for the holidays. Simple and quick with the tart from the cranberries and sweetness from the cherries and pears. This recipe originally came from a very popular food and health magazine and can kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- 3 cups cranberries, 1-12 oz Package fresh or frozen
- 2 cups sweet cherries, 1-10 oz Package frozen
- 2 bosc pears or 2 Anjou pears, peeled and cubed
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, Packed
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- In a large heavy saucepan combine all the ingredients and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Stir often to prevent sticking.
- When mixture is simmering, reduce heat to low. Cook mixture until fruit is tender and the relish has thickened, approximately 40-50 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool, serve.
Lori, thank you for sharing this awesome treat. We loved it. So much flavor. It was quick and really easy to make. I have been enjoying it with a number of things. It was wonderful served with pork, turkey, cheese and crackers, and I also topped the potato pie with it. This has gone into my Best of Cookbook for 2015. Kudos my friend.
Oh my gosh this is so good, since this was the first time making it I reduced the amounts by half, I also used some white sugar as well as the dark, I'll be making this again very soon, thanks for sharing Lori, this was made for KK's Chef Pick tag game
I have made this and will be serving it for Christmas Dinner - so I will be back with my taste review and photos then! However - it was so easy to make and a few spoons tastes tell me that it will be FABULOUS! It is sitting in my fridge right now! Thanks for such an inspirational recipe - great! FT:-)