Recipe by Sydney Mike
The cherry-flavored gelatin gives this recipe a new twist! The recipe comes from the 1967 Better Homes and Gardens 'so good with FRUIT' cookbook. Preparation time does not include freezing the ice cubes or molding an ice ring.
Top Review by Mommy Diva
DD really enjoyed this as did a friend of mine that was over when I made it. I think this is a fun summer punch - great to make for parties - will try next time in a punchbowl with a frozen cranberry and fruit ring this symmer! I might also try fresh sherry juice, but didn't mind the flavor as is. I think you could adjust everything to suit your personal tastes, as with any recipe - and it would even be fun to try an adult version using a bit of sparkling reisling or vodka. Nice party punch Syd Mike! Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 (1 quart) bottle cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
- 1 (28 ounce) bottle ginger ale, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water, then stir in the lemonade concentrate.
- Add the cold water & cranberry juice cocktail.
- Place 8-10 cups of ice cubes OR a molded ice ring in a large punch bowl, & pour the punch over the ice.
- SLOWLY pour the ginger ale down the inside of the punch bowl, & mix carefully by pushing the ice cubes/ring up & down several times.
- If desired, add scoops of fruit-flavored sherbet.