Top Review by Madcook
This cheesecake was absolutely wonderful! My whole family enjoyed it! I did add 3T of brown sugar to the crust recipe. Also, I put a pan of water in the oven to keep the air moist while the cheesecake was baking. When I took it out of the oven to cool I covered it with an inverted bowl to keep the moisture in as well. This is definatley a hit for the holidays!
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine crumbs, walnuts and butter.
- In the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan firmly press crumb mixture.
- Bake until golden, 5 to 6 minutes; remove from oven; cool slightly.
- Spread with cranberry sauce; set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer beat cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, sour cream and vanilla until well blended; spread evenly over cranberry sauce.
- Bake until a knife inserted 1-1/2-inches from the edge comes out clean, about 1 hour; turn off oven; leave cheesecake in oven with door ajar until top is firm to the touch, about 30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack, about 1 hour.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours.
- Just before serving, remove cheesecake from pan to a serving plate.
- Garnish with sugared cranberries, kiwi slices and mint leaves, if desired.
- NOTE: To make sugared cranberries: In a small bowl place a small amount of white corn syrup.
- Add fresh cranberries, a few at a time, turning to coat; then place in a bowl of granulated sugar.
- Using a fork, remove cranberries from sugar and place on a plate until ready to use.