Oh this cheesecake is so delicious. It's not your usual cream cheese cheesecake, but it uses mascarpone and sour cream. It is nice and creamy with the perfect amount of sweetness and spice. The butter sauce goes perfect with it. I have used spiced rum in place of the whiskey and it was very good too. I hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 3/4 cups flour, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 ounces marsarpone cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
Creamy Butter Sauce Ingredients
- 1In a mixing bowl, cream eggs and sugar. Add sour cream and vanilla. In a small bowl, combine cranberries, almonds and 2 tablespoons flour. Toss to coat.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine remaining flour, baking soda and baking powder. Blend into sour cream mixture. Fold in cranberry mixture.
- 3Spread batter into a greased and floured 9x13 pan. In a small bowl, combine mascarpone and orange zest. Drop by spoonfuls over batter. Bake for 40 minutes in 350 degree oven or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool.
- 4Directions for sauce:.
- 5Combine sugar, cream and whiskey in a medium saucepan. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add vanilla and let cook for 5 minutes. Stir in butter, one piece at a time until all of the butter has been incorporated into sauce. Serve at room temperature over cake.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Cheesecake With Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.2
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 48.6 mg
- Sodium 123.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g