Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
A crumbly oat topping and crust sandwich the smooth cream cheese and sweet-tart cranberry fillings makes a nice dessert. I make them during the holidays and just now decided to add them to my collection ;) There are a few recipes on Zaar that come close to this one, but mine is a little different.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar and butter; mix until crumbly.
- Press 2-1/2 cups of the crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the milk, egg whites, vanilla and remaining flour. Spoon over prepared crust.
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce and cornstarch. Spoon over cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack before cutting.