Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is very easy to make and tastes wonderful!
Make and share this Cranberry Cheese Danish recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Line 12x18x1-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll both tubes of dough; arrange side by side in pan (some of dough may hang over 1 long edge).
- Press to seal all seams to form 1 large piece and cover pan bottom.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch, and egg yolk in medium bowl to blend.
- Mix in cottage cheese.
- Mix cranberry sauce and remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch in small bowl until cornstarch dissolves.
- Spread cheese filling lengthwise over left half of dough, leaving 1-inch plain dough border on top, bottom, and left edges.
- Top cheese with cranberry filling.
- Using parchment as aid, fold plain dough over, enclosing filling; peel back paper.
- Seal dough edges.
- Cut several diagonal slits in top of dough.
- Beat egg white until frothy; brush over top.
- Bake until cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- Dust with more sugar and cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
This is SOOO good! I first saw this recipe in Bon Appetit, the Nov. 2006 issue. We have used cherry pie filling, blueberries, even apricot pie filling...delicious with any of them! On the Bon Appetit site, there was a tip that I really liked: forget the baking sheet and just place the crescent rolls on the bottom of a 9x13" pan, top with filling, place second package of rolls over it and bake. No seeping and easy to cut. Serve warm with some raw sugar sprinnkled on top and wait for oooh's and aahhh's from your family and friends. Thanks for posting Juenessa!