Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great for Christmas or Thanksgiving!
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 packet yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, chilled (4 ounces)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (3-ounce package)
- Heat milk in small saucepan over low heat until temperature reaches 120*F to 130*F.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- Grease 8-inch square pan; set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, yeast and salt in large bowl.
- Cut butter and cream cheese into 1-inch chunks; add to flour mixture.
- Cut in butter and cream cheese with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add cranberries; toss.
- Add warm milk, beat 1 minute or until dough looks stringy.
- Place batter in prepared pan.
- Cover with towel; let rise in warm place about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Although the intructions mention adding yeast there is no yeast in the ingredients list. Made according to this printed recipie this would be a disaster.