Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Add color and flavor to this lettuce salad with cranberries.
Make and share this Cranberry Cashew Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cashews
- 1⁄4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 red apple, cubed
- 1 yellow pear, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In large bowl, combine salad ingredients and toss to mix.
- In a covered container, combine all dressing ingredients.
- Shake vigorously until well mixed.
- Wait until ready to serve to add dressing to salad.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat evenly.
A quick-to-make and very pretty salad! Tart Granny Smith apple pieces and sweet pear chunks along with Craisins, cashews, and fresh-picked baby lettuces made a really nice combination. I reduced the sugar in the dressing by one-third which seemed about right. Tender slices of grilled chicken breast would be terrific in this salad ~ Thanks for the recipe!
Wonderful salad, I will be making this often! The only thing I did different was use grated parmesan cheese. Thank you Charlotte!
This was a great salad.Loved the dressing with it's sweet/tart flavour and I used 2 peeled and diced granny smith apples and white poppy seeds. Thanks for a lovely recipe!