Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are one of my father's all-time favorite cookies! They're pretty rich from the addition of sour cream, and packed with tangy and chewy dried cranberries and delicate cashews. Yummy!
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) package dried cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Add the sour cream, egg, and vanilla; blend well.
- Reduce mixer speed to low; gradually stir in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda (whisk together first) until well combined.
- Stir in the cashews and dried cranberries by hand.
- Drop dough by rounded tsp.
- 2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool cookies completely on wire racks.
- Stir together the powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl until desired drizzling consistency is reached; drizzle over cooled cookies.
Always looking for different cookie recipes and this one turned out great! I thought they might be dry since they hardened on outside. But nice and chewy inside. Definitely recommend the drizzle. It adds a good touch. The cashews are a great contrast to the dried cranberries. It's a keeper!