Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
These are one of my father's all-time favorite cookies! They're pretty rich from the addition of sour cream, and packed with tangy and chewy dried cranberries and delicate cashews. Yummy!
Top Review by Jo in Arlington
Always looking for different cookie recipes and this one turned out great! I thought they might be dry since they hardened on outside. But nice and chewy inside. Definitely recommend the drizzle. It adds a good touch. The cashews are a great contrast to the dried cranberries. It's a keeper!
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) package dried cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Add the sour cream, egg, and vanilla; blend well.
- Reduce mixer speed to low; gradually stir in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda (whisk together first) until well combined.
- Stir in the cashews and dried cranberries by hand.
- Drop dough by rounded tsp.
- 2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool cookies completely on wire racks.
- Stir together the powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl until desired drizzling consistency is reached; drizzle over cooled cookies.