Recipe by Sydney Mike
Looking for a candy combo of chocolate, cranberry & cashew I caem across this recipe at candy.about.com, & it suited my needs perfectly! However, if your situation includes the bark sitting around a long time in warm temperatures, it's suggested that 'real' chopped chocolate be used & tempered so that it won't melt in the heat!
Top Review by DailyInspiration
I'm in Chocolate Heaven -- loved the cashews and of course, the cranberries in this this decadent bark. The only change I made was to use the love of my life - dark chocolate vs. milk chocolate. I can't wait to make this for the Christmas holidays -- this is a great recipe to make with my grandkids. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag, November, 2011.
- 354.88 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 354.88 ml white chocolate chips, divided
- 158.51 ml dried cranberries, divided
- 158.51 ml cashews, toasted, salted, coarsely chopped, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 13"x9" rimmed baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, place 1/4 cup semi-sweet chips, 1/4 cup white chips, 1/3 cup cranberries & 1/3 cup chopped cashews, & set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, place remaining 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chips, & microwave until chips are melted, stirring after every 45 seconds to prevent overheating.
- When semi-sweet chips are melted, stir in remaining 1/3 cup cranberries & remaining 1/3 cup chopped cashews.
- Pour this chocolate mixture onto prepared baking sheet, using a spatula or knife to spread the chunky chocolate mixture into as thin a layer as possible, trying to cover most of the surface of the baking sheet.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, place remaining 1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips, & microwave until chips are melted, stirring after 45 seconds to prevent overheating.
- Once white chocolate has melted, drop by spoonfuls evenly over chocolate on baking sheet. Use tip of knife to swirl white chocolate through semi-sweet chocolate, being CAREFUL NOT TO SWIRL TOO MUCH & MUDDY THE COLORS. When finished, there should be distinct swirls of brown & white throughout the candy.
- While chocolate is still wet, sprinkle reserved chips, fruit & nuts evenly over the top, pressing gently to affix them in melted chocolate.
- Place baking sheet in refrigerator to set chocolate, about 30 minutes.
- Once firm, peel candy away from foil, & break candy into small pieces.
- Store bark in airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.