Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Looking for a candy combo of chocolate, cranberry & cashew I caem across this recipe at candy.about.com, & it suited my needs perfectly! However, if your situation includes the bark sitting around a long time in warm temperatures, it's suggested that 'real' chopped chocolate be used & tempered so that it won't melt in the heat!
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 2⁄3 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 2⁄3 cup cashews, toasted, salted, coarsely chopped, divided
- Line a 13"x9" rimmed baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, place 1/4 cup semi-sweet chips, 1/4 cup white chips, 1/3 cup cranberries & 1/3 cup chopped cashews, & set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, place remaining 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chips, & microwave until chips are melted, stirring after every 45 seconds to prevent overheating.
- When semi-sweet chips are melted, stir in remaining 1/3 cup cranberries & remaining 1/3 cup chopped cashews.
- Pour this chocolate mixture onto prepared baking sheet, using a spatula or knife to spread the chunky chocolate mixture into as thin a layer as possible, trying to cover most of the surface of the baking sheet.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, place remaining 1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips, & microwave until chips are melted, stirring after 45 seconds to prevent overheating.
- Once white chocolate has melted, drop by spoonfuls evenly over chocolate on baking sheet. Use tip of knife to swirl white chocolate through semi-sweet chocolate, being CAREFUL NOT TO SWIRL TOO MUCH & MUDDY THE COLORS. When finished, there should be distinct swirls of brown & white throughout the candy.
- While chocolate is still wet, sprinkle reserved chips, fruit & nuts evenly over the top, pressing gently to affix them in melted chocolate.
- Place baking sheet in refrigerator to set chocolate, about 30 minutes.
- Once firm, peel candy away from foil, & break candy into small pieces.
- Store bark in airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
I'm in Chocolate Heaven -- loved the cashews and of course, the cranberries in this this decadent bark. The only change I made was to use the love of my life - dark chocolate vs. milk chocolate. I can't wait to make this for the Christmas holidays -- this is a great recipe to make with my grandkids. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag, November, 2011.
Yummy and decadent! I also had a problem with my white chocolate melting/mixing, but it didn't make any difference in the taste at all! :-) I only made 1/2 the recipe, thanks heavens, as I'd have to eat it all if I'd made it all! Thanks for sharing, Sydney Mike!
Very quick and easy. Took longer to set up but the taste is great! Salty/sweet . . oh, and chocolaty. Thanks for the keeper! Made for PRMR.