1/5 Photos of Cranberry Cashew Chocolate Bark
Sydney Mike's Note:
Looking for a candy combo of chocolate, cranberry & cashew I caem across this recipe at candy.about.com, & it suited my needs perfectly! However, if your situation includes the bark sitting around a long time in warm temperatures, it's suggested that 'real' chopped chocolate be used & tempered so that it won't melt in the heat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a 13"x9" rimmed baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- 2In a small bowl, place 1/4 cup semi-sweet chips, 1/4 cup white chips, 1/3 cup cranberries & 1/3 cup chopped cashews, & set aside.
- 3In a medium microwave-safe bowl, place remaining 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chips, & microwave until chips are melted, stirring after every 45 seconds to prevent overheating.
- 4When semi-sweet chips are melted, stir in remaining 1/3 cup cranberries & remaining 1/3 cup chopped cashews.
- 5Pour this chocolate mixture onto prepared baking sheet, using a spatula or knife to spread the chunky chocolate mixture into as thin a layer as possible, trying to cover most of the surface of the baking sheet.
- 6In another microwave-safe bowl, place remaining 1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips, & microwave until chips are melted, stirring after 45 seconds to prevent overheating.
- 7Once white chocolate has melted, drop by spoonfuls evenly over chocolate on baking sheet. Use tip of knife to swirl white chocolate through semi-sweet chocolate, being CAREFUL NOT TO SWIRL TOO MUCH & MUDDY THE COLORS. When finished, there should be distinct swirls of brown & white throughout the candy.
- 8While chocolate is still wet, sprinkle reserved chips, fruit & nuts evenly over the top, pressing gently to affix them in melted chocolate.
- 9Place baking sheet in refrigerator to set chocolate, about 30 minutes.
- 10Once firm, peel candy away from foil, & break candy into small pieces.
- 11Store bark in airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Berries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Berries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Cashew Chocolate Bark
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.9
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 2.6 mg
- Sodium 42.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 1.9 g