Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Makes a nice Thanksgiving/Xmas side dish, but good anytime.
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, Craisins
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place cranberries and carrots in a large saucepan. Cover with salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook about ten minutes or until carrots are crisp tender (or to your liking); drain.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, dry mustard, salt, orange juice, and melted butter in a the empty saucepan. Bring just to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, add cooked, drained carrot/cranberry mixture and gently toss to evenly coat.
I wanted an extra side dish for dinner last night and found this. I used 1/2 tbsp. of splenda brown and a lot less butter. The craisins kind of broke up and were not terribly attractive, but these carrots had a wonderful sweetness. The kids were happy to eat them. Thanks!
This dish is just great! The combination of orange, cranberry & mustard give these carrots a great taste! I did section up an orange, as well, & the combo of red, orange & yellow was also great for spring/summer! Thanks for the great recipe!