Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Not your usual coleslaw -- this one is flavored with cranberries, pineapple juice, lime juice and crystallized ginger. Recipe from my Family Circle - All Time Favorites Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 lime, juiced (about 1 tbsp.)
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 lbs carrots, shredded
- Stir pineapple juice, lime juice, vinegar, salt, pepper and honey in a bowl until honey dissolves.
- Add cranberries, ginger and carrots and toss to combine. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Toss again before serving.
I liked this and all of the flavor, but it was a little too sweet. Next time I'll leave out the honey. Thanks for a very interesting twist on carrot salad!
Ideal change of pace that is packed with flavor! If you like carrots and crystallized ginger you have got to try this yummy salad. I made as written with the exception of that mine chilled two or three hours, was barely able to get a tasty as it was gobbled up that fast. Thanks so much for the post.