Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This moist cake smothered with rich cream cheese frosting makes any dinner festive.
Make and share this Cranberry-Carrot Layer Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, brown sugar, oil and orange peel; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and cloves; beat into egg mixture.
- Stir in carrots and cranberries.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9 inch round baking pans.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, milk, ginger and orange peel if desired.
- Split each cake into two horizontal layers.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
I have been making this cake every year for our Christmas holiday for 2 or 3 years now. It has become my signature Christmas after dinner treat and I love this cake! Good texture, high rise, and lends itself well to fresh cranberries. Thanks for the great recipe Courtly... sorry it took me so long to review!