This moist cake smothered with rich cream cheese frosting makes any dinner festive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, brown sugar, oil and orange peel; mix well.
- 2Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and cloves; beat into egg mixture.
- 3Stir in carrots and cranberries.
- 4Pour into two greased and floured 9 inch round baking pans.
- 5Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 6Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 7For frosting, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- 8Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, milk, ginger and orange peel if desired.
- 9Split each cake into two horizontal layers.
- 10Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry-Carrot Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 807.2
- Calories from Fat 444
- Total Fat 49.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 142.7 mg
- Sodium 466.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 67.0 g
- Protein 7.4 g