Recipe by Steve P.
I haven't tried these, they are for a request on the recipe board. This makes a nice Autumn dessert or snack. Great addition to the dessert table at Thanksgiving Holiday time too.
Top Review by curlytoplg
It was absolutely delish!!! Just what I was looking for. Made it for a get together, and everybody went CRAZY about it. Definitely worth the calories, and definitely a keeper. Thanks for posting.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar (stir in cranberries and set aside)
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 2 cups flour (save the 1/3 cup for the caramel) and the next 4 ingredients.
- Stir in butter until crumbly.
- Reserve a cup of this mixture.
- Press remaining mixture into lightly greased 13x9" pan.
- Bake 350ºF for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cranberries and pecans.
- Stir together caramel and 1/3 cup flour.
- Spoon over cranberries.
- Sprinkle with reserve 1 cup mixture.
- Bake 25 more minutes.