Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I haven't tried these, they are for a request on the recipe board. This makes a nice Autumn dessert or snack. Great addition to the dessert table at Thanksgiving Holiday time too.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar (stir in cranberries and set aside)
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel sauce
- Combine 2 cups flour (save the 1/3 cup for the caramel) and the next 4 ingredients.
- Stir in butter until crumbly.
- Reserve a cup of this mixture.
- Press remaining mixture into lightly greased 13x9" pan.
- Bake 350ºF for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cranberries and pecans.
- Stir together caramel and 1/3 cup flour.
- Spoon over cranberries.
- Sprinkle with reserve 1 cup mixture.
- Bake 25 more minutes.
It was absolutely delish!!! Just what I was looking for. Made it for a get together, and everybody went CRAZY about it. Definitely worth the calories, and definitely a keeper. Thanks for posting.
I like to try a recipie "as is" before I go changing it, but unfortunately I ended up making a perfect mistake! I didn't have cranberries on hand, but I did have blueberries. Oh WOW!!! Definitely a 5 star recipie! Having said that, we need a 6th star option....Since then I have made these again but this time I added 1 cup coconut to the oat mixture (turned out perfect; not too dry). Then I added 1 cup white chocolate chips and 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips to the berries and nuts in the center. HOLY FABULOUS! I really recommend these bars this way. Divine. 6 stars.
These bars are so good (and easy)! In fact, I have been making them every x-mas since I found this post in 02. I am actually making them tonight for some work friends. That makes 6 years! I just haven't written a response/rating for this recipe until now. I felt that it was about time that I give this recipe credit since I have received so many compliments on the bars I've made. You must try these!!!!