Recipe by Sonya01
Cranberry & Camembert go so well together yummy cooking time includes 30 mins refrigeration.
Top Review by NurseJaney
Made as a bonus for Aus/NZ Swap #14. We spent a holiday in Normandy a few years ago, and camembert became one of our favorite French cheeses (of 365, as de Gaulle said !) I had nice thick chicken breasts, but became acutely aware that "pockets" were not my strong suite ! The outcome wasn't too pretty, but it was surely tasty ! Thanks, Sonya !
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 125 g camembert cheese, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup packaged breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup prepared cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a deep pocket in the side of each chicken breast.
- Fill pockets with cheese slices, secure with toothpicks.
- Toss filled chicken in flour, dip into combined egg and water, press firmly into combined breadcrumbs and sesame seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate chicken for 30mins before cooking.
- Heat oil in large pan, add chicken; cook over medium heat until crumbs are golden and chicken is cooked, turning once during cooking.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve with cranberry sauce and salad, if desired.