Prep 18 mins
Cook 47 mins
This is a recipe I have had for many years. Yummy!!
Make and share this Cranberry Cake With Butter Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 4 cups whole fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup butter (the REAL thing)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and milk, mixing together.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Pour in a prepared pan. Bake at 375 for 45-50 minute.
- BUTTER SAUCE.
- Mix the ingredients from the 1/2 C butter through the vanilla together and slow boil them for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot over cake.