Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law. She got it from a friend in Oklahoma
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups raw cranberries
Hot Butter Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coffee cream or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Sift flour,baking and salt together.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Pour into greased, floured pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or untill tested done.
- Serve with Hot Butter Sauce.
- Hot butter sauce: Melt butter in sauce pan, blend sugar, stir in cream.
- Simmer 3 to 4 minutes stirring occasionally.
One of my favorite fall/winter desserts! The butter sauce makes the cake. I usually double the sauce. Even my father-in-law (who hates tart cranberries) likes this cake.
Delish right out of the oven. Don't make this around children - or else you might not have butter sauce for the cake. This is a keeper
This is so good! The only thing I changed was I added eggs as I did not see any listed and feared it would crumble if no eggs were present. I also used 1% milk as I had no half/half. It still turned out light and wonderful. I agree with the previous reviewer that alot of sauce is nice. I think I will add 3 cups of cranberries next time as I love the tart with the sweet sauce. Thanks for a great recipe!