Recipe by Chef Dee
Such a pretty square for your Christmas tray. Traditional cranberries in an unbaked square, topped with pretty pink icing, garnished with dried cranberries. This makes a large amount, but go ahead, put the extras on a pretty pink or red plate and give as a gift.
Top Review by sleepycat
I made these for a cookie exchange last Christmas, and I thought they tasted wonderful and were a unique treat. My family happily devoured the leftovers. I did notice some hesitancy from some of the guests. I think it was b/c of the pinkness of the icing which I thought was pretty, but next time I would not use the dye. Thanks!
- 28 whole graham crackers
- 2 1⁄4 cups margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 -2 drop red food coloring
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 12 x 18 cookie sheet (with raised edges) with Pam, then line the graham crackers, you can break them by hand to fit, covering entire pan.
- In a large pot, melt margarine ove med. high heat.
- Add brown sugar and milk, boil for 3 min's.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, graham crumbs and dried cranberries.
- Spoon over the graham crackers, chill until firm.
- Beat softend margarine with milk and almond extract.
- Add the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- You may add more milk or icing sugar, mixture should be firm, but soft enough to spread.
- Beat in 1 - 2 drops of red food colouring, the frosting should be a pretty pink.
- Frost the squares, dot with dried cranberries.
- Chill, then cut 8 down and 12 across.