Recipe by VickiAk
I make this Christmastime for breakfast.
Top Review by Boomette
These scones were thick and I was not sure they would be cooked throught with only 15 minutes. But they were. I used the food processor. And added the cranberries in it. When it was time to add the buttermilk and eggs, it was also in the food processor. The dough was really sticky, so I added flour to my hands and to the scones while giving them their shape. I did the glaze. This morning, I reheated my scone in the microwave for 15 seconds. They're moist and taste very good. Not too sweet. Great taste of cranberries and orange. Thanks VickiAk :) Made for I Recommend tag game
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend 1/4 cup of the flour with the cranberries and let stand over night to absorb excess moisture.
- Next day, mix remaining flour and all other dry ingredients.
- Cut into butter until mixture is consistency of oatmeal.
- Stir in cranberries in the flour and orange rind.
- Blend eggs and buttermilk. Add to dry ingredients, mixing until just blended.
- If dough is sticky, flour hands and pat into a 6-inch ball. Score into six wedges.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Glaze with fresh cream and sugar immediately after baking.