Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe comes from the 2002 cookbook, Cranberry Cooking for All Seasons. It's great on hot rolls & muffins of all kinds, but we really like it spread on a toasted slice of nutty, whole grain bread. Preparation time does not include the time needed for the soft butter to firm up in the refrigerator.
Top Review by Outta Here
This is wonderful. Full of flavor. My only regret is that I cut the recipe down to 1/4th for just two of us. Really much easier than it sounds, too! Will be making this again. Great on our waffles. Made for Best of 2011 game.
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries, finely chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 orange, zest of, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients, pressing together & mixing until well blended.
- Place the cranberry butter on a piece of plastic wrap & form into a log.
- Squeeze out (or blot with a paper towel) the excess liquid, then refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into rounds, then serve & enjoy!