Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like to do this recipe in a food processor but a hand-held mixer is just fine. It's beautiful on a brunch table or for Thanksgiving (I mold it for Valentine's Day!) Can be made ahead of time and frozen and I know you'll find this sweet/tart combo a very special treat.
- 1 lb softened butter
- 1⁄4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries (re-constituted)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons walnuts (chopped finely)
- Whip softened butter at medium speed until it is pale yellow in color.
- Add cranberries, cranberry sauce, brown sugar, honey, walnuts, orange and lemon zest.
- Continue whipping until butter mixture is light pink in color.
- Add buttermilk and whip until it is incorporated.
- Freeze ahead and simply thaw and add 1 tsp.
- buttermilk when you re-whip before you are ready to serve OR You can fill small molds or individual portions and just thaw before hand.
- Great on sweet breads, muffins, pancakes, waffles and french toast.
- If you use a processor for this, save the walnuts for last and fold in by hand, otherwise, they get ground to a powder.