Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 can large cranberry sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine (dry red wine)
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Mix ingredients in sauce pan and heat to boiling.
- Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Spoon over ham or chicken while they cook.
- Use remaining sauce to accompany dinner.
An awesome sauce!!! And a longtime family favorite that has become a tradition at our holiday table! People, you need to try this!!! I was going to post this same recipe, originally from Better Homes and Gardens, May, 1969. Thank you Ed, for posting! One tip: I recommend using a high quality whole berry cranberry sauce (such as Ocean Spray brand) when making this sauce. For some reason, the store brands just don't have as much cranberry flavor!
hmmm...went great with some freerange chicken.