Recipe by Loves2Teach
I was looking for cranberry recipes, and was given this one to try. Would be great for a dinner party or an appetizer. Enjoy!
Top Review by Ilysse
I really enjoyed this. DH didn't like it as a topping for bruschetta but we both agreed it would be good as a sauce for lamb, chicken, pork or even fish. I was pressed for time so I placed it in the fridge to cool a bit. This makes alot so I have a bunch leftover and liked it even more the next day. The flavors had a chance to meld. I will be making this for a holiday party and I plan to make it the day b4 since I thought it was better and it will make my life easier. Thanks for posting this great recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 loaf French bread (around 8 oz)
- olive oil (to brush on the bread)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, except bread and oil, in a medium saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is limp and sauce has thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Cut bread diagonally into 3/4-inch slices; brush both sides with oil.
- Broil each side for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top each slice with cranberry mixture.