Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
There's only one word that describes this dessert....Dee-lish!The brownies are creamy and chocolate-y and the tartness of the cranberries off-sets it. All this goodness in a in an easy to make pie! I have a neighbor that helps me make this and we each take half as there are only 2 of us and 2 of them, so it works out just fine for us.
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2⁄3 cup butter (1 stick plus 2 Tbsp.)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup hot fudge (your own or purchased)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 10" springform pan and an 8x8" square pan and set aside. Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter together in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until blended and smooth. Remove from heat; beat in the sugar and eggs until smooth. Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Spread half of the batter in a greased 10" springform pan, and the other in a greased 8x8" square pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, until just set. Don't overbake these! If they are underbaked a bit, that's just fine. The springform pan brownies will probably bake faster than the square pan brownies because they will be thinner, so check frequently. Cool both completely.
- Cut the brownies in the 8" square pan into cubes. In large bowl, beat cream with powdered sugar until stiff; fold in cranberry sauce. Spoon half of this mixture over the springform pan brownies. Top with half of the brownie cubes and half of the pecans. Repeat layers. Drizzle with hot fudge sauce. Chill for a few hours in the refrigerator, then cut into wedges.
Made this for a park-wide potluck & that worked out well, as I could have eaten half the pan myself ~ Really loved this particular brownie & berry combo! A very nice diversion from the usual brownies that I make! Will certainly be keeping this recipe around ~ Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag]