Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is very colorful and refreshing. The flavor is very unique - most like sweet and sour. A great combination of ingredients and a scrumptious summer salad to try for your picnics and potlucks!!!
- 1 bunch broccoli floret (smaller bites)
- 1⁄2 bunch cauliflower floret (smaller bites)
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup cranberry craisins
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked & crumbled (OR 1/8 to 1/4 cup bacon bits)
- 4 chopped green onions (smaller bites)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (I used a little less)
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- NOTE: You may alter ingredients according to your taste. for example I used equal amounts of broccoli & cauliflower.
- Chop broccoli and cauliflower into small florets. Place in a bowl.
- Add sunflower seeds, craisins, bacon and green onion to broccoli/cauliflower mixture.
- Combine dressing ingredients.
- Toss dressing over broccoli/cauliflower mixture.
- Prep. time does not include cooking bacon as I used prepackaged bacon bits.
- OPTIONAL: I've thought about adding sliced strawberries to this salad or substituting them for the craisins. Let me know if you try this!