Recipe by Joy1996
If you're looking for a way to use up those leftover cranberries and oranges you have around from the holidays, this bread is a must!
Top Review by mianbao
I've been trying to decide what to say here, but I guess honesty is the best policy. I increased the amount of cranberries - more of a good thing, right? - and that seems to have been a mistake. Based on the bread I have in my kitchen, I'd say 4 stars, because it is too tart for me. But if I hadn't fiddled with the recipe instead of following it, more stars are quite possible. So, I don't want to assign stars at this point. I do want to say that this is wonderfully easy to make. Thank you for posting the recipe. Next time I'll follow it.
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons grated orange rind (zest)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans, walnuts are good, too)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat egg by hand; add sugar and blend well.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into sour cream mixture, by hand, until well blended.
- Stir in nuts, orange zest, and chopped cranberries.
- The batter will be very thick.
- Spoon into prepared loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, invert onto wire rack to cool, and slice.