Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Good bread to make for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (icing sugar or powdered sugar)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Blend together cream cheese, butter, granulated sugar, and vanilla until light. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add 2 cups of the flour sifted with baking powder. Toss remaining 1/4 cup flour with cranberries and nuts, and fold into batter. Pour into 2 well greased 9-inch loaf pans and bake in preheated 350°F oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Combine confectioners’ sugar and milk, and drizzle over bread while still warm. Yield: Two 9-inch loaves.
- The Harrowsmith Country Life.