Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
This is a very easy to make recipe and is an excellent dessert after a hearty meal at Thanksgiving or Christmas. You can also use a warmed caramel sauce purchased in your local stores.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I have been wanting to try this recipe ever since it was posted and I'm more than happy that I finally made it, this is cranberry heaven! I did not have any cinnamon bread so I used egg bread, I used my recipe#78088 and the caramel sauce was enough so I did not use the ice cream, next time I plan on doubling the recipe, all I got was a small taste, what a great treat for all cranberry lovers, thanks Uncle Bill!
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 slices unfrosted cinnamon-swirl bread, toasted
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk, homogenized
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup caramel sauce, warmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups caramel-swirl ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a small saucepan, add cranberries, orange marmalade and water and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes or until cranberries pop, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut bread into 1 inch pieces and place in an ungreased 8x8x2-inch oven proof casserole dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla.
- Stir in cranberry mixture, mix well.
- Pour mixture over the bread in the casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated 325°F oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly.
- Serve with a drizzle of caramel sauce and some dollops of ice cream.