Recipe by Barb G.
This is a diabetic recipe, serves 1 person, but can easily be doubled ot tripled. Since cranberries are very tart, a little grandulated sugar is added during processing. Dried tart cherries are not sweetened and are a good substitute for dried cranberries.
Top Review by Nikoma
Very good breakfast. Thanks for posting a recipe for one! I added a tiny dash of nutmeg, and used a stale hard roll (what I had). I had to keep fighting my cat off from the dish, apparently he likes this too lol. Mine was far less in calories then the calculator indicates.
- 1⁄2 cup day-old French bread cubes
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss together bread cubes and cranberries; place in a 6-ounce custard cup; if doubling recipe you can use a small casserole dish.
- Stir together milk, egg substitute, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour over bread mixture; bake 22 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean; cool slightly, serve, enjoy.