- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups golden raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a 9 X 5 X 3 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg, orange zest and orange juice and stir just until mixture is moist. Fold in raisins and cranberries.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 70 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.