Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple-to-make cranberry bread is a must for the holiday season when cranberries are in the market. This recipe makes 2 loaves of bread so there is one to eat and one to share with friends.
- 4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups cranberries, halved or left whole (I usually half some of them and leave some whole, 1 12-oz bag)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons corn oil or 6 tablespoons other vegetable oil
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Spray two loaf pans with Pam or cooking spray.
- Sift dry ingredients (flour-salt) together. Add cranberries and nuts (if using).
- Mix eggs with orange juice and oil and add to flour/cranberries mixture. Stir well.
- Bake in two greased loaf pans for 1 hour- 1 hour 10 minutes or until done.
i brought a loaf into work. alot of people tasted, and some asked for the recipe.these dense loaves are studded with nuts and berries, and look lovely sliced.
This was really yummy!! Moist and easy to make.
I pulsed the cranberries in my food processor and added
1t. of grated orange zest. Also, I made one large loaf and 4 mini
loaves. I adjusted the baking time on the mini loaves to about
40-45min. Came out great!! Happy baking.
I made this for Thanksgiving the day before Thanksgiving. It's moist with a nice tart taste from the cranberrries. Enjoyed it cold with cream cheese. Will be making this again.