Recipe by ellie_
Simple-to-make cranberry bread is a must for the holiday season when cranberries are in the market. This recipe makes 2 loaves of bread so there is one to eat and one to share with friends.
- 4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups cranberries, halved or left whole (I usually half some of them and leave some whole, 1 12-oz bag)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons corn oil or 6 tablespoons other vegetable oil
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Spray two loaf pans with Pam or cooking spray.
- Sift dry ingredients (flour-salt) together. Add cranberries and nuts (if using).
- Mix eggs with orange juice and oil and add to flour/cranberries mixture. Stir well.
- Bake in two greased loaf pans for 1 hour- 1 hour 10 minutes or until done.