Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great for the holidays.
Make and share this Cranberry Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Mix dry ingredients together very well in a large mixing bowl.
- Put the juice and grated rind in a measuring cup and add enough boiling water to make 3/4 cups liquid.
- Add to the dry mixture.
- Add the egg and shortening or oil and mix just enough to moisten the flour mixture.
- Add cranberries and walnuts.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan 60 to 70 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Store 24 hours before cutting.
TOTAL 5 STAR RECIPE! I quadrupled the recipe this morning and made many mini loaves to put in my husband's lunch during harvest....he ate 3 loaves while they were on the cooling rack. The taste has just the right tanginess and the cooking temperature is just right....no cracks in the top of the bread. I will use this one over & over again.