Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
From the book "Cranberry Thanksgiving", by Wende & Harry Devlin, published in 1970. I promised I'd post all the recipes from this series, and this is the first one.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon orange peel
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries, chopped
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, & baking soda together.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add egg, orange peel, & orange juice, and mix until evenly moist.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Spoon into greased loaf pan & bake at 350' for 1 hour & 10 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cool out of pan on a wire rack.
- Makes 1 loaf.