Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another Quick bread that my mom has made since I was a little girl. I make this every fall buying extra bags of cranberries which I prepare, and freeze so that I can make this bread throughout the year.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cranberries, cut in half or quarters
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, well beaten
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Generously grease and lightly flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Prepare cranberries, nuts, and orange peel; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts; mix well till everything is coated with the flour mixture.
- Stir in orange juice, butter, egg, and orange peel; mix well.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan, cool completely.
I got this recipe off of the cranberry package and have been making it every Christmas. Everybody loves it! Thank you for posting it.