Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 473.18 ml fresh cranberries or 473.18 ml frozen cranberries, chopped
- 395.10 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml milk
- 9.85 ml grated lemons or 9.85 ml grated orange rind
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml coarsely chopped walnuts or 118.29 ml coarsely chopped pecans
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- Heat oven to 350º.
- Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans, 8 1/2 × 4 1/2 × 2 1/2 inches or 9 × 5 × 3 inches.
- Mix cranberries, sugar, oil, milk, lemon peel, vanilla and eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans.
- Cool completely on wire rack before slicing.
- Store tightly wrapped in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Wonderful Cranberry Bread - an absolute keeper. I looked at the reviews and used everyone's ideas: used pecans and covered with a simple orange glaze made with one cup icing sugar + 1 tbsp orange juice. I always cut oil by half and add applesauce instead - yummy and moist and less fattening. This has a nice light taste and the right balance between tart and sweet - even better the 2nd day. I'm glad it makes 2 loaves since we are just about done the first one in one day! Wonderful - will be part of my permanent collection.
Found it to be a little dry...will sub applesauce for the oil next time.
Awesome! The best cranberry bread I have ever had but I did make a few changes to it. I omitted the lemon zest and the nuts (don't like either) and used two teaspoons of almond extract instead of vanilla. The almond extract made it absolutely amazing. I did chop the cranberries quite fine in the food processor after reading other reviews and the loaves are not tart at all.