Recipe by PaulaG
This is a wonderful holiday bread with the added goodness of whole wheat.
Top Review by Outta Here
This has a nice, chewy texture, and just the right balance between tart and sweet. I used half Splenda, half sugar. My only regret is cutting the recipe in half and only getting one loaf! I will make two next time and freeze one! Thanks for posting this!
- 2 oranges
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sugar (I use a combination of Splenda and sugar)
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups cranberries, coarsly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly oil two 9-by-5 inch loaf pans and set aside.
- Grate the rind off the oranges and reserve.
- Cut the oranges in half and squeeze out the juice.
- Add enough boiling water to juice to make 1-1/2 cups liquid.
- Combine the juice and rind with the remainig ingredients.
- Place in prepared pans and bake for 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes in pan, turn out and cool thoroughly before slicing.