Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr
I have made this bread every year at Christmas for the last 25 years. It makes a wonderful gift. Also, it adds so much to your holiday meals.
- Cut up the cranberries. Pour the 1 cup of sugar over them.
- Mix well and refrigerate over night.
- Mix the egg, melted butter and milk together until smooth.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- Fold in the cranberries and nuts.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour.
I maked this bread to give as gifts for Christmas for many years. It is a tradition in my family, becasue the bread is the best cranberry bread ever made.
I made a loaf of this and my nephews who say "eeewww cranberries" loved this! I will definately be making more for the holidays.
I followed the directions as written and it just did not turn out as I had expected. It was also very heavy, too heavy.