Recipe by Tom Lambie
I have made this bread every year at Christmas for the last 25 years. It makes a wonderful gift. Also, it adds so much to your holiday meals.
- 1 cup cranberries, cut up
- 1 cup sugar (for over the cranberries)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up the cranberries. Pour the 1 cup of sugar over them.
- Mix well and refrigerate over night.
- Mix the egg, melted butter and milk together until smooth.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- Fold in the cranberries and nuts.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour.