Recipe by Maureenie
This recipe is adapted from a restaurant in the South. The unusual flavors of this dish are addictive! The cranberries burst when heated and the juice combines with the sugar and bourbon to make a great sauce.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 orange, zest removed, peeled in one long piece, then cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cranberries, zest from the orange, orange peel, cut up orange pieces, cinnamon, and sugar into a 2 inch deep casserole dish.
- Cover dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Stir mixture and check for sweetness. If too tart, may add up to one half cup more of sugar.
- Add bourbon.
- Cover and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Stir in orange juice and heat on top of the stove, stirring constantly over medium heat until thickened.
- Remove peel and refrigerate until cold before serving.