Recipe by londongavchick
This recipe came from an episode of Rachel Ray's "30 minute meals" with a few personal changes. They are very easy to make on the George Foreman grill.
Top Review by Lazarus
These burgers were excellent. I was initially skeptical, since I'm no friend of the cranberry, but I was pleasantly surprised by the richness of the sauce. There was a wonderful blend of different flavours and textures. We served the patties on toasted Focaccia loaves which worked extremely well. The only change I made to the recipe was a substitution of romain for bibb lettuce. This will definitely become part of our regular roatation for spring and summer. Made for PAC Spring '08
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 small granny smith apple, finely chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, from the heart of the stalk finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries (fresh or thawed frozen (not sweetened)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise or 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen(or 1 cup prepared cranberry sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 10 leaves bibb lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat George Foreman grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Combine first seven incredients and form into 5 patties. If not using George Foreman, drizzle grill pan or brush grill with vegetable oil. Cook patties 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Microwave cranberries for topping with splenda and water in a covered dish for a 2 or 3 minutes on medium heat (until they have popped and the water has reduced. Cool mixture and stir into yogurt or mayonnaise.
- Rachel Ray suggests serving burgers on sourdough english muffins but they are fine on any kind of bread or just plain!