Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an interesting twist on cranberry sauce. So much of the Thanksgiving meal needs to be traditional, but this was one dish I felt I could jazz up without spoiling expectations.
- Remove peel from orange (save orange).
- Slice orange peel.
- Combine 1cup sugar, 1cup water and orange peel in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until peel becomes translucent.
- Remove peel from sugar and let cool.
- Dice candied orange peel (this could probably be done before being candied, but I find it easier to fish out the slices).
- Combine cranberries, 1cup sugar and 1cup water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until cranberries pop.
- Add blueberries (reserving a few for garnish) and about 2 Tbsp (or to taste) diced candied orange peel.
- Continue simmering until blueberries pop.
- Pour into serving dish and let gel.
- Thinly slice orange.
- Garnish sauce with orange slices and remaining blueberries.