Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I found this recipe in Betty Crocker's Best Bread Machine Cookbook. This is a recipe for a 2 pound loaf. I have used the cherries in it before and it too was good.
- Following the manufacturers directions for your bread machine, add all the ingredients to the bread pan except the cranberries and blueberries.
- Set the machine for either the Sweet or Basic/White bread cycle.
- Select either a Light or Medium crust.
- Add the cranberries and blueberries during the last 5 to 10 minutes of the kneading cycle or at the raisin/nut signal.
- *Note: Do not use the delay cycle for this bread recipe.
This came out very nice. I did add 4 tablespoons dry milk powder for a softer, finer textured loaf, and decreased the salt to 1 teaspoon (just personal preference.) I used 2/3 cup dried cranberries, and will probably increase the amount to 1 cup next time. My machine doesn't knead in well, so I added the fruit with the other ingredients. It may have been broken up more that way, but there still were larger pieces. Thank you for this recipe.
Love the texture of this loaf! My DH says its "tender" but he thinks it needs a whole cup of fruit. I made this exactly as the recipe states, and it really is delicious. Next time I make it I probably will try to suit my husband and add additional fruit.
Yummy! I made it with cranberries, almonds and macadamias, turned out perfect!