Recipe by D's Darling
I found this recipe in Betty Crocker's Best Bread Machine Cookbook. This is a recipe for a 2 pound loaf. I have used the cherries in it before and it too was good.
Top Review by mianbao
This came out very nice. I did add 4 tablespoons dry milk powder for a softer, finer textured loaf, and decreased the salt to 1 teaspoon (just personal preference.) I used 2/3 cup dried cranberries, and will probably increase the amount to 1 cup next time. My machine doesn't knead in well, so I added the fruit with the other ingredients. It may have been broken up more that way, but there still were larger pieces. Thank you for this recipe.
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries (optional, dried cherries)
- 1⁄3 cup dried blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Following the manufacturers directions for your bread machine, add all the ingredients to the bread pan except the cranberries and blueberries.
- Set the machine for either the Sweet or Basic/White bread cycle.
- Select either a Light or Medium crust.
- Add the cranberries and blueberries during the last 5 to 10 minutes of the kneading cycle or at the raisin/nut signal.
- *Note: Do not use the delay cycle for this bread recipe.