Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Blondies were my favorite cookie bar as a child. My grandmother made them the best! Here is a modified version of her recipe, which I adapted to use up some of the mega-bag of fresh cranberries that I bought at Costco. I think she would have liked these.
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, chopped
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with nonstick spray, and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream butter and add brown sugar gradually.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating constantly.
- Add vanilla, mix well.
- Sift together flour, oats, baking powder and salt.
- Add a little at a time to the wet mixture.
- Mix in chips, coconut, nuts and cranberries.
- Press into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
I think I messed these up because I thought they LOOKED done about 10 minutes before they were supposed to be so I took them out. Maybe my oven is just different because the top was golden brown-almost too brown-but after they cooled and I cut them, they werent done on the inside. But they TASTE wonderful. I will maybe turn the oven temp down next time and see how that does.