Recipe by Cookin'Diva
This is a simple version of Cranberry Bliss Bars (Starbucks Copycat), #203229, which is my signature recipe. This easier version makes a 9x13 pan (the original recipe is for a 10x15 pan) and uses a simpler list of ingredients. The result is a chewy iced "blondie" dotted with orange-flavored Craisins and white chocolate.
Top Review by Lynne the Pirate Queen
I love cranberries, and this very easy recipe is a nice way to use them. :) The only difference I made was in the orange element; having only regular dried cranberries, I added about 1/4 dried orange peel. As for the frosting, I used the recipe from Cookin'Diva's other cranberry bars, using vanilla extract and more orange peel; I tinted the frosting pink by thinning it with cranberry juice (I hate the flavor of red food coloring ;) ). Everything came out great... very pretty and perfect for Valentine's Day treats. I found them to be too sweet for my taste, but others thought they were perfect; I realized (after the fact) that I simply put too much frosting on them (having used a frosting recipe for a 10" x 15" pan, rather than the 9" x 13" pan used in this recipe). I know I'll make these again... with the proper amount of frosting! ;) Thanks so much for a great recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted, then cooled a bit
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup orange-flavored craisins
- 1 (12 ounce) canready-made cream cheese frosting
- 1⁄4 cup orange-flavored craisins
- 1⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 pan by lining it with parchment paper for easy removal (or spray with non-stick spray).
- Melt butter; cool slightly. In a mixer bowl, blend butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add all other ingredients except chips and Craisins. Once the mixture is just about blended, add 1/2 cup chips and 1/2 cup Craisins.
- Spread the thick batter into a 9x13 pan. Bake 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick tests clean. Do not overbake.
- Allow to cool thoroughly.
- When cool, frost with ready-made Cream Cheese frosting. Chop remaining 1/4 cup Craisins into small bits and scatter the bits over the top of the frosting.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup white chocolate chips in the microwave (hint: add 1/2 t. canola oil to create a thin drizzle); use a fork to drizzle the melted chocolate on top. Cut into 18 squares.