This is a simple version of Cranberry Bliss Bars (Starbucks Copycat), #203229, which is my signature recipe. This easier version makes a 9x13 pan (the original recipe is for a 10x15 pan) and uses a simpler list of ingredients. The result is a chewy iced "blondie" dotted with orange-flavored Craisins and white chocolate.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted, then cooled a bit
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup orange-flavored craisins
- 1 (12 ounce) canready-made cream cheese frosting
- 1⁄4 cup orange-flavored craisins
- 1⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 pan by lining it with parchment paper for easy removal (or spray with non-stick spray).
- Melt butter; cool slightly. In a mixer bowl, blend butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add all other ingredients except chips and Craisins. Once the mixture is just about blended, add 1/2 cup chips and 1/2 cup Craisins.
- Spread the thick batter into a 9x13 pan. Bake 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick tests clean. Do not overbake.
- Allow to cool thoroughly.
- When cool, frost with ready-made Cream Cheese frosting. Chop remaining 1/4 cup Craisins into small bits and scatter the bits over the top of the frosting.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup white chocolate chips in the microwave (hint: add 1/2 t. canola oil to create a thin drizzle); use a fork to drizzle the melted chocolate on top. Cut into 18 squares.