Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got a recipe for Cranberry Bliss Bars from someone else a few years ago when I was heavy into low carb and changed it into low carb suitable. These are so GOOD! People not doing low carb loved these as well and wanted the recipe (and they didn't realize they were low carb!). Who would have thought Starbucks pastries could be healthy???
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 295.73 ml Splenda brown sugar blend
- 3 eggs
- 7.39 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml low-carbohydrate baking mix (such as Atkins or home made)
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 170.09 g white chocolate, finely chopped (sf preferred)
- 78.07 ml candied ginger, finely chopped
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 354.88 ml Splenda granular (pulsed in food processor into a powder) or 354.88 ml nature sweet powder sugar substitute (low-carb powdered sugar available at netrition.com)
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 4.92 ml sugar-free vanilla
- 14.79 ml dole lite orange juice
- 4.92 ml powdered orange rind
- 118.29 ml finely chopped dried cranberries
- 118.29 ml white chocolate, shavings (1/2 to 3/4)
- For bars:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 10x15 jelly roll pan with parchment, trimming away any excess.
- Cream butter and Brown sugar blend splenda in electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, allowing each to incorporate.
- Add dry ingredients in small amounts, allowing time to blend and not forgetting to scrape down the mixer bowl.
- Turn off mixer, remove paddle, and fold in cranberries, chocolate, and ginger peel.
- Spread batter over parchment on pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until bars are not puffy and slightly firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool.
- For topping:.
- In another kitchenaid bowl, blend softened cream cheese with nature sweet powder, butter, vanilla. orange juice and powdered rind, making sure you scrape down the mixer bowl and blend (To make powdered rind, run dried peel through a spice mill then sift to remove any grit).
- Turn off mixer, remove paddle, and fold in dried cranberries.
- When bars are cool, spread frosting evenly on top and sprinkle with chocolate shavings (scrape a bar on the side with a large knife to get these- doesn't matter if it crumbles instead of curling).
- Cut bars into fourths along the length, and into 3 parts along the width, then cut each square into a triangle.
- Store bars in the refrigerator.
Very good. They don't really taste like Starbucks Cranberry Bliss bars, but they are good in their own right. We couldn't find low-carb baking mix, but we did use neufchatel instead of cream cheese.