Sue Lau's Note:
I got a recipe for Cranberry Bliss Bars from someone else a few years ago when I was heavy into low carb and changed it into low carb suitable. These are so GOOD! People not doing low carb loved these as well and wanted the recipe (and they didn't realize they were low carb!). Who would have thought Starbucks pastries could be healthy???
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 295.73 ml Splenda brown sugar blend
- 3 eggs
- 7.39 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml low-carbohydrate baking mix (such as Atkins or home made)
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 170.09 g white chocolate, finely chopped (sf preferred)
- 78.07 ml candied ginger, finely chopped
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 354.88 ml Splenda granular (pulsed in food processor into a powder) or 354.88 ml nature sweet powder sugar substitute (low-carb powdered sugar available at netrition.com)
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 4.92 ml sugar-free vanilla
- 14.79 ml dole lite orange juice
- 4.92 ml powdered orange rind
- 118.29 ml finely chopped dried cranberries
- 118.29 ml white chocolate, shavings (1/2 to 3/4)
- 1For bars:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Line a 10x15 jelly roll pan with parchment, trimming away any excess.
- 4Cream butter and Brown sugar blend splenda in electric mixer until smooth.
- 5Add eggs one at a time, allowing each to incorporate.
- 6Add dry ingredients in small amounts, allowing time to blend and not forgetting to scrape down the mixer bowl.
- 7Turn off mixer, remove paddle, and fold in cranberries, chocolate, and ginger peel.
- 8Spread batter over parchment on pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until bars are not puffy and slightly firm to the touch.
- 9Allow to cool.
- 10For topping:.
- 11In another kitchenaid bowl, blend softened cream cheese with nature sweet powder, butter, vanilla. orange juice and powdered rind, making sure you scrape down the mixer bowl and blend (To make powdered rind, run dried peel through a spice mill then sift to remove any grit).
- 12Turn off mixer, remove paddle, and fold in dried cranberries.
- 13When bars are cool, spread frosting evenly on top and sprinkle with chocolate shavings (scrape a bar on the side with a large knife to get these- doesn't matter if it crumbles instead of curling).
- 14Cut bars into fourths along the length, and into 3 parts along the width, then cut each square into a triangle.
- 15Store bars in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Bliss Bars (Almost Like Starbucks)
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.3
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 60.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-carbohydrate baking mix